Frequently Asked Questions
About Dr. Cohan’s Beverly Hills Internal Medicine Practice
For your convenience, here are answers to frequently asked questions about Dr. Cohan and his Internal Medicine practice.
Click on any of the questions below for more information.
Dr. Cohan FAQs
What’s the latest news about Dr. Cohan’s medical practice?
Anyone familiar with the medical care system in the United States has noticed ever-increasing challenges. Healthcare has become more impersonal than ever. Insurance bureaucracy has become a cumbersome and frustrating burden for patients and doctors. As a result, patient care and doctor-patient relationships suffer. In response, Dr. Cohan has developed an ambitious model for medical care which:
- Provides his patients with easily accessible health care services from a physician who is committed to a personalized approach and the highest professional expertise and ethics.
- Enables him to spend more time with each patient by more sensibly balancing cost and quality and by limiting the size of his practice.
- Integrates your medical care by providing access to the finest medical specialists in a single state-of-the-art setting.
- Utilizes the most advanced medical technology to streamline the diagnosis and ongoing management of your medical issues.
- Eliminates complex insurance paperwork and provides free courtesy insurance billing services so that you can get reimbursed quickly and hassle-free for your office visits.
Is Dr. Cohan a “Concierge” Doctor?
No. Dr. Cohan has never seen any benefit for his patients to pay expensive “concierge” fees just to have “faster access” to their physician.
Instead, Dr. Cohan employs a “direct primary care” subscription model. Please call our office at 310-657-6900 if you would like to learn more.
Does Doctor Cohan Accept My Insurance Plan?
Dr. Cohan is designated as an “out-of-network provider” for all insurance plans, including Medicare.
The good news is that when you consult with Dr. Cohan we will, as a courtesy benefit to you, submit an itemized bill to your health insurance company on your behalf. If you have “out of network” insurance benefits, you may be reimbursed for a portion of your expenses according to the terms of your personal insurance provider’s health plan/contract.
NOTE: This courtesy billing benefit does not apply for Medicare patients.
With Which Hospital is Dr. Cohan Affiliated?
Dr. Cohan is on the attending staff of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
Patients requiring inpatient hospital admission are now cared for by the Cedars-Sinai Hospitalist Service—a dedicated team of in-hospital doctors who specialize in the care of patients with acute medical problems. The Hospitalist Team communicates daily with Dr. Cohan and arranges for all inpatient testing, specialist consultations, nursing care, and discharge planning.
The main telephone number for Cedars Sinai Medical Center is 310-423-5000.
Does Dr. Cohan See “Walk-In” Patients?
Is Doctor Cohan Accepting New Patients?
New patients spend at least one hour with Dr. Cohan on their first visit in order to:
- Interview you regarding your past and current medical issues
- Perform a thorough physical examination
- Order diagnostic testing for your initial evaluation
A follow-up consultation with Dr. Cohan will be scheduled for approximately one week after the initial meeting to review the results of your tests and to create a comprehensive health plan for you.
What if I’m Running Late or Need to Cancel My Appointment?
We respectfully request that all patients arrive 15 minutes early for their appointments. Dr. Cohan is among the few doctors who runs on time for his patient appointments.
If you need to reschedule your appointment for any reason, please call the office at least 24 hours in advance.
What Type of Patients is Doctor Cohan’s Practice Best Suited to Help?
People who value their health, their time, and who are motivated to participate in their own well being will benefit most from this new model for providing medical care. The medical practice is designed to provide first-class care and fast, easy access to Dr. Cohan.
Why Should I Go To Dr. Cohan Over My Current “Managed-Care” Doctor?
There are many differences between engaging a personal doctor dedicated to your health and well-being, versus whomever your insurance plan may have assigned to you. In this era of depersonalized “conveyor-belt” medicine, establishing a personal and enduring relationship with your doctor is invaluable.
Here are just a few of the advantages Dr. Cohan offers his patients:
- Respect for your time is paramount. No more waiting for hours in a crowded waiting room just to see a doctor for 10 minutes and be ushered out the door.
- Guaranteed same-day office appointments for urgent matters
- Fast, direct, personal access to Dr. Cohan
What is the Robertson Diagnostic Center?
The Robertson Diagnostic Center offers a comprehensive range of in-office medical services designed to meet your most important healthcare needs including:
- Multi-Specialty Physicians
- Advanced Clinical Laboratory Services
- Complete X-Ray Facilities
- Advanced Cardiac Stress Testing with Nuclear Imaging
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Bone Density Scans
- Dedicated and Experienced Nursing Staff
Where is Dr. Cohan’s medical practice located?
Dr. Cohan’s office is at 150 North Robertson Blvd. Suite 115 Beverly Hills, CA 90211—inside the Robertson Diagnostic Center, on the first floor of the Beverly Hills Medical Plaza Building, directly to the left of the main elevators and through the large glass doors.
What are Dr. Cohan’s areas of expertise?
Dr. Cohan is, first and foremost, an adult primary care specialist (that’s what the term “Internal Medicine” means). He is your general doctor for common medical problems and he coordinates your care with any subspecialist doctors that you might consult.
Additionally, Dr. Cohan has special expertise in treating people living with HIV infection, male aging issues (like testosterone replacement and erectile dysfunction) and cutting-edge treatments for substance dependence.