For your convenience, here are the answers to the most frequently asked questions about Dr. Cohan and his medical practice. Click on any of the questions below for more information.
No. Dr. Cohan has never seen any benefit for his patients to pay expensive “concierge” fees just to have “faster access” to their physician.
Instead, Dr. Cohan employs a “direct primary care” practice model. Please call our office at 310-657-6900 if you would like to learn more.
Dr. Cohan is designated as an “out-of-network provider” for all insurance plans, including Medicare.
The good news is that when you consult with Dr. Cohan we will, as a courtesy benefit to you, submit an itemized bill to your health insurance company on your behalf. If you have “out of network” insurance benefits, you may be reimbursed for a portion of your expenses according to the terms of your personal insurance provider’s health plan/contract.
NOTE: This courtesy billing benefit does not apply for Medicare patients.
Dr. Cohan is on the attending staff of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
Patients requiring inpatient hospital admission are now cared for by the Cedars-Sinai Hospitalist Service—a dedicated team of in-hospital doctors who specialize in the care of patients with acute medical problems. The Hospitalist Team communicates daily with Dr. Cohan and arranges for all inpatient testing, specialist consultations, nursing care, and discharge planning.
The main telephone number for Cedars Sinai Medical Center is 310-423-5000.
We respectfully request that all patients arrive 15 minutes early for their appointments. Dr. Cohan is among the few doctors who runs on time for his patient appointments.
If you need to reschedule your appointment for any reason, please call the office at least 24 hours in advance to avoid any missed appointment charges.
Although “walk-in” visits are not encouraged, we can guarantee same-day service with Dr. Cohan in urgent situations for established patients. We ask that you call the office in advance so that we may prepare for your visit and try to avoid having you wait while you are not feeling well.
New patient availability is limited. Please call our office at 310-657-6900.
New patients spend at least one hour with Dr. Cohan on their first visit in order to:
- Interview you regarding your past and current medical issues
- Perform a thorough physical examination
- Order diagnostic testing for your initial evaluation
A follow-up consultation with Dr. Cohan will be scheduled for approximately one week after the initial meeting to review the results of your tests and to create a comprehensive health plan for you.
There are many differences between engaging a personal doctor dedicated to your health and well-being, versus whomever your insurance plan may have assigned to you. In this era of depersonalized “conveyor-belt” medicine, establishing a personal and enduring relationship with your doctor is invaluable.
Here are just a few of the advantages Dr. Cohan can offer his patients:
- Respect for your time is paramount. No more waiting for hours in a crowded waiting room just to see a doctor for 10 minutes and be ushered out the door.
- Guaranteed same-day office appointments for urgent matters
- Fast, direct, personal access to Dr. Cohan
People who value their health, their time, and who are motivated to participate in their own well being will benefit most from this new model for medical care. The medical practice is designed to provide first-class care and fast, easy access to Dr. Cohan, your personal physician.
The Robertson Diagnostic Center offers a comprehensive range of in-office medical services designed to meet your most important healthcare needs including:
- Multi-Specialty Physicians
- Advanced Clinical Laboratory Services
- Certified Colonoscopy Suite
- Complete X-Ray Facilities
- Advanced Cardiac Stress Testing with Nuclear Imaging
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Bone Density Scans
- Dedicated and Experienced Nursing Staff
Dr. Cohan’s office is at 150 North Robertson Blvd. Suite 115 Beverly Hills, CA 90211—inside the Robertson Diagnostic Center, on the first floor of the Beverly Hills Medical Plaza Building, directly to the left of the main elevators and through the large glass doors.
View our address, map and more on our Contact Us page.
Dr. Cohan is, first and foremost, an adult primary care specialist (that’s what the term “Internal Medicine” means). He is your general doctor for common medical problems and he coordinates your care with any subspecialist doctors that you might consult. Additionally, Dr. Cohan has special expertise in treating people living with HIV infection, male aging issues (like testosterone replacement and erectile dysfunction) and cutting-edge treatments for substance dependence.
Anyone familiar with the medical care system in the United States has noticed a number of unfortunate changes. Healthcare has become more impersonal than ever. Insurance bureaucracy has become a cumbersome and frustrating burden for patients and doctors. As a result, patient care and doctor-patient relationships suffer. In response to this, Dr. Cohan is pursuing an ambitious model for medical care which will:
- Provide his patients with easily accessible health care services from a physician who is committed to a personalized approach and the highest professional expertise and ethics.
- Enable him to spend more time with each patient by more sensibly balancing cost and quality and by limiting the size of his practice.
- Integrate your medical care by providing access to the finest medical specialists in a single state-of-the-art setting.
- Utilize the most advanced medical technology to streamline the diagnosis and ongoing management of your medical issues.
- Eliminate complex insurance paperwork and provide free courtesy insurance billing services (at no additional cost to you) so that you can get reimbursed quickly and hassle-free for your office visits.